How do I know if I need B-12 Injections?
Signs of B12 deficiency include:
- Brain fog
- Loss of appetite
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Nerve problems, such as numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.
- Problems with balance
- Poor memory
- Soreness of the mouth or tongue
Benefits of B12 injections:
- Improves memory, focus and cognition.
- Increases metabolism and assists in weight loss.
- Vitamin B12 helps create melatonin naturally in the body which may improve sleep.
- Prevents anemia and enhances DNA repair for all cells.
- B12 taken in the form of injection therapy allows the body to absorb the dose more efficiently and quicker than taking supplements orally.
Who benefits from receiving injections?
Vitamin B12 injections can be beneficial for most people, especially for:
- Adults who feel tired or fatigued often
- Adults who suffer from insomnia
- Adults who feel emotionally stressed
- Adults who are looking for additional support to a healthy diet and exercise plan trying to lose weight
- Many older adults, who do not have enough hydrochloric acid in their stomach to absorb the vitamin B12 naturally present in food.
- Adults with pernicious anemia whose bodies do not make the intrinsic factor needed to absorb vitamin B12.
- People who have had gastrointestinal surgery, such as weight loss surgery, or who have digestive disorders, such as celiac disease or Crohn’s disease. These conditions can decrease the amount of vitamin B12 that the body can absorb.
- Vegetarians and vegans. Mainly animal foods naturally have vitamin B12.
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women who are strict vegetarians or vegans. Their babies might also not get enough vitamin B12.